Monday, April 18, 2011

What Do Shagbands Mean

Second test on the way - Second test launch

Everytime I take a look at the simulator I get a surprise.
This time I did a test at LEMD with the PMDG 747 and LevelD 767.
 When I put the LevelD 767 on the runway and I check the memory usage, the FS9.exe uses 500 + MB of RAM. 
Then using PMDG 747 with the same time, weather and point the FS9.exe uses 900+ MB of RAM. But the pagination file goes to 1.15GB and 900MB with the LevelD 767.

Now I though that all my previous flights were flown with the 767 and the error came with the 747... so right now I'm flying from LEMD to LFPG with the 747 and default weather to see what happens.
At the moment the memory usage for the FS9.exe went down to 850MB but I think it will remain till the end of the flight. Now the problem comes when we reach the final airport when the computer has to load the airport etc... causing to increase the MB of the FS9.exe  and here is when the error may come.

It doesn't matter if we free ram memory by closing programs, it also doesn't matter if we have 5000GB of RAM, this game has a limit of RAM usage, when it reaches the limit the error will came up.
The solution is to tell to FS9.exe that the simulator can use more than 2GB of RAM, there is a patch for it (3GB switch) but it's not safe as I've seen that there may be other problems using this "solution."

That
My opinion is this game is bad Programmed Not Like FSX (Which Is Worse) But It's Also bad Programme. I think They Should Have released an update for the newest computers today We Have (or 3-4 years ago) to take Advantage of the new hardware.

I hope to post soon the results of the flight with the PMDG 747. Thank's all



Whenever I check things in the simulator I get a surprise. This time I did a test on LEMD with the PMDG 747 and 767 LevelD.
When I put the 767 LevelD on the track and check the memory usage, the fs9.exe uses 500 MB of RAM. Then using PMDG 747 with the same time, climate, and site (36L) fs9.exe uses 900 MB of RAM. However, the paging file is 1.15GB and 900MB LevelD the 767.
Now however, I thought that all my previous flights were made with the 767 and comes with the 747 error ... so now I am flying to LFPG LEMD the default time and 747 to see what happens.

By the time the memory usage for fs9.exe dropped to 850 MB, but I think it will remain until the end of the flight. Now the problem comes when you arrive at the destination airport when the PC has to load the airport, etc. .. by increasing the fs9.exe MB and this is where the error may appear.

Whether you are free RAM by closing programs, no matter if we have 5000GB of RAM, the game has a limit of RAM usage, when the limit is reached we will see the error.
The solution is to tell the simulator fs9.exe can use more than 2GB of RAM, there's a patch for it (3GB), but not sure because I've seen that there may be other problems with this "solution"
.
My opinion is that this game está mal programado, no tanto como FSX (que es peor). Creo que deberían haber publicado una actualización para los nuevos PC que tenemos hoy en día (o de hace 3-4 años) para aprovechar mejor los recursos.

Espero publicar pronto los resultados del vuelo con el PMDG 747.
Gracias a todos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment